If you think a child is in immediate danger call Triple Zero (000), Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000, or your local police.
24 hour support services
- Kids Helpline
- A free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25.
- Lifeline is a national service providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
Counselling and support services
- Alannah & Madeline Foundation
- The Foundation cares for children who have experienced or witnessed serious violence, reduces the incidence of bullying, cyberbullying and other cyber risks, and advocates for the safety and wellbeing of children.
- A child protection organisation, Bravehearts’ national information and support line can be accessed by anyone wanting information or support relating to child sexual assault.
- Bullying. No way!
- A network of education representatives that work together to help schools to create learning environments where every student and school community member is safe, supported, respected and valued.
- Carly Ryan Foundation
- Created to promote internet safety, the Carly Ryan Foundation provides support to families and the community through education, counselling, engagement, promotion and advocacy.
- A national youth mental health organisation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing.
- ID Care
- A national identity and cyber support service that helps individuals and organisations reduce the harm they experience from the compromise and misuse of their identity information by providing effective response and mitigation.
- Founded by individuals who have been affected by their partner’s involvement in child abuse material, PartnerSPEAK provides advocacy and support for the non-offending partner and family of a perpetrator of child sexual abuse and child exploitation material.
- Reach Out
- An online mental health service for young people and their parents. They provide specially targeted information to help any young person who visits the service.
Children’s education services
- Alannah & Madeline Foundation
- The Foundation runs evidence-based programs that prevent violence and advocate for children's safety and wellbeing.
- Bravehearts provides personal safety education programs for children as well as tailored child protection training packages for organisations working with and providing support to young people.
- Constable Kenny
- ACT Policing's Constable Kenny Koala program is designed to educate children between three to 12 years of age on a range of safety themes, and to encourage them to turn to police for help and advice.
- Daniel Morcombe Foundation
- The Daniel Morcombe Foundation aims to educate children and young people on how to stay safe in physical and online environments and to support young survivors of crime.
- Office of the eSafety Commissioner
- eSafety is responsible for promoting online safety for all Australians and provides online safety resources for schools, parents and communities.
- ThinkUKnow is a nationally delivered crime prevention program that delivers cyber safety presentations sensitively cover a range of topics including sexting, cyber bullying, online child exploitation, online privacy, and importantly what to do when something goes wrong.